The Isles of Scilly Wildlife Trust is supported by fantastic volunteers.They are really important in supporting us with our work. You can volunteer for The Isles of Scilly Wildlife Trust in a number of ways.
If you live in Scilly you can join our local group every Wednesday or if you have more time to offer you can join the Estates team. We also have volunteers that help us staff our Wildlife Information Centre, and this can be for as little as a couple of hours a week, or you can train to be a marine strandings volunteer. Residential volunteering is also available for volunteers and students, with bunk-bed accommodation being available.
- The local volunteer group The local Wildlife Trust volunteers are springing into action. Every Thursday afternoon a group of local volunteers and visitors get out and about snipping, lopping, raking and caring for Scilly.
- Wildlife Trust Information Centre Situated on St Mary's quay next to the waiting room a wealth of wildlife information awaits you.
- Residential volunteering If you don't live on the Isles of Scilly but would like to volunteer for us, then we can provide you with accommodation. Our residential volunteers stay in our Woolpack Volunteer Centre on St Mary's. You can volunteer with us for just one week or you could stay for few months, depending on the work you wish to do. Volunteer places are limited.
- Marine mammal strandings volunteers Cornwall Wildlife Trust Marine Strandings Network is on call every day of the year to investigate any stranded marine mammals that wash ashore dead on the Cornish and Scilly coast. Information gathered is shared with their partners at the Natual History Museum and the Zoological Society in London, who use the data to research strandings across the UK.
- British Divers Marine Life Rescue British Divers Marine Life Rescue (BDMLR) is an organisation dedicated to the rescue and well being of all marine mammals in distress around the UK. They have a team of trained marine mammal medics in Scilly that can respond to a live stranding.
- Wildlife Recording